What Will Happen On My First Visit?
Dr Gallez will meet with you. He will take the time to listen to your chief complaint, review your medical and dental history. He will also review your x-rays and do an oral evaluation. Typically, this will consist of:
- Checking your gums for gum disease
- Checking for missing teeth and evaluating different treatment options, including dental implants
- Checking your bite: how aligned or misaligned your teeth are
- Checking for TMJ problems
- Check for cavities, dental infection, failing root canals, etc
Dr. Gallez will then share with you his findings and start developing a comprehensive treatment plan.
The first visit is essentially the collection of data. This lead to a diagnosis and discussion with you about the findings. Most important is that you receive a clear information about your dental condition and the different treatments available with a thorough discussion about benefits, risks and alternatives. Dr Gallez believes that only a well informed patient can make the right decision for his/her health.
Note: For complex cases, a second consultation is necessary following Dr Gallez’s meeting with your refering dentist to develop your treatment plan.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- Your referral slip (if you have one) and x-rays from your referring dentist (if you are being referred)
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
- Contact information of your physician(s)
Our office is open Monday – Thurs, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.
Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs requiring pre-medication, severe diabetes, or hypertension).