What Will Happen On My First Visit?
Dr. Gallez or Dr. Poulos will meet with you. They will take the time to listen to your chief complaint, review your medical and dental history. They will also review your x-rays and do an oral evaluation.
The first visit will typically consist of:
- Checking your gums for gum disease
- Checking for missing teeth and evaluating different treatment options, including dental implants
- Checking your bite: how aligned or misaligned your teeth are
- Checking for TMJ problems
- Check for cavities, dental infection, failing root canals, etc
Drs. Gallez or Poulos will then share with you their findings and start developing a comprehensive treatment plan.
The first visit is essentially the collection of data. This lead to a diagnosis and discussion with you about the findings. Most important is that you receive a clear information about your dental condition and the different treatments available with a thorough discussion about benefits, risks and alternatives. Drs. Gallez and Poulos believe that only a well informed patient can make the right decision for his/her health.
Note: For complex cases, a second consultation is necessary following Drs. Gallez or Poulos‘s meeting with your referring dentist to develop your treatment plan.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- Your referral slip (if you have one) and x-rays from your referring dentist (if you are being referred)
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
- Contact information of your physician(s)
New to Our Office?
All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.
Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs requiring pre-medication, severe diabetes, or hypertension).